|Before you begin|
In order to configure your dial-up connection, please look up an access number in your area from our Access Number Search page. Make sure you have your dial-up username and password handy as well.
|How to configure Windows XP to connect to ISP.COM|
- From the Start menu, choose Control Panel.
- If you are running Windows XP in classic mode, your will need to select the Start menu, select Settings, then choose Control Panel
2. Click the Switch to Classic View icon.
3. Double-click the Network Connections icon.
4. Click the Create a new connection icon.
5. Click the Next button.
6. Select Connect to the Internet. Click the Next button.
7. Select Set up my connection manually. Click the Next button.
8. Select Connect using a dial-up modem. Click the Next button.
9. In the ISP Name field, type a name to identify your connection (ie. MyDigicom). Click the Next button.
10. In the Phone number field, type your access number. A listing can be found on our Access Number Searchpage.
- Check with your local telephone company to make sure that the access number you choose is a local toll-free call.
- When you enter the access number, type it exactly as you would dial it from your home phone.
- Do not include a 1 or the area code unless you have to dial it to make a local call from your home telephone.
- If you are dialing from a hotel, office, or other phone system that requires you to dial a digit such as 9 to get an outside line, insert that number before the access number.
- To disable call waiting while using the internet, insert the call waiting defeat code (usually *70) before the access number. Note: only insert this code if you have call waiting on the line you will connect with.
11. Click the Next button.
12. In the Username field, type your entire Dialup Username (e.g., email@example.com).
13. In the Password field, type your password.
14. In the Confirm Password field, type your password again.
Note: Remember, your password is case sensitive. (Make sure your CAPS LOCK button is off!)
15. Click the Next button.
16. Check the box next to Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop if you wish to have a shortcut to the connection on your desktop. Click the Finish Button
17. Congratulations! You have successfully set up an Internet connection to MyDigicom.